Friday 28 October 2011

I used to spend a lot of time doing my own personal art and I really enjoy it so when I get the time I'll do as much as possible. While finishing off my paper project and sorting out UCAS forms I've found the time to do some of my own art. I actually started this this morning.

Portrait of the model Mona Johannesson taken by Mikael Schulz. Very rich yellows, pinks and purples really made me want to draw this. Over the last few years I've tried to draw my portraits in realism, sometimes being sucessful but I think more than anything it has taught me a bit about observation and proportion. Lately I've been really into like drawing so I'm going for outlined features in this particual drawing.






I also bought an A6 brown notebook from Paperchase about a year ago and never did anything with it, but over the last few months I've started to fill it with portraits, doodles and writing that is a totally different style, quite quick, graphic line drawings, sharp lines. Below are a selection of some of the most recent (past week) drawings I still need to finish.






I might be able to keep up this brown-book doodling but big pieces are almost out of the question in term time :(

No comments: