Wednesday 12 October 2011


Before I post anything about my abysmal efforts at conceptual art, I have to post about an artist I just found who works with paper. He's idea to research for my paper project next week as he work is exactly what I envision trying to create.
Peter Callesen makes large and small scale paper cuts (the examples I have chosen are all make from A4 paper). The idea to use standard A4 printing paper is wonderful, really, because it is one of the most used media for holding information... I personally have never really noticed how beautiful or crisply white the paper is and had no idea that it could be used to create such wonderful and delicate art. Callesen has such skill and patience, I can only hope to achieve something as beautiful next week.

1 comment:

Matt said...

really delicate work and very time consuming, maybe play with our new laser cutter see what we can create.
Cant wait to see your work.

great Blog keep up with the posts