Thursday 16 February 2012

Highlights of Berlin

Anselm Kiefer, Lilith am roten meer (1990) / Hamburger Bahnhof


Lugwig Mies van der Rohe, Highrise at Friedrichstrasse Station (1922) / Bauhaus Museum

Tomas Saraceno, Cloud Cities (2011) / Hamburger Bahnhof
Friedrich Seidenstucker, Women Jumping Over Puddles (20s & 30s) / Berlinische Galerie

Visiting Kunsthaus Tacheles (this is my own photo joiner)
There are other personal highlights for me like finding vintage shops and eating at a vegan cafe directly opposite from our hostel. Also just walking the streets of Berlin and taking photos kept me happy because I can see so many differences between the our streets and their streets. Tacheles was a really strange place to be and I really suffered from the cold that day so it was a bit of a weird experience, but I've never seen anything like it before. I saw so much art in Berlin I could add more (like all the postcards I picked up and everything I saw in the New National Gallery/Neue Nationalgalerie) but the pieces above are things that really stood out to me.

1 comment:

Matt said...

looks like you had a great time, i like the joiner at the end it as if looking through the scarf, hat hood. great colours.